Make your wedding this year the BEST possible with these amazing wedding ideas 2016!
Sweet Ideas for Parents
- Did your mom preserve her wedding dress? If there’s no chance that you or a sibling would ever wear it, ask if you can add a sentimental touch to your bouquet by wrapping a piece of her gown around the stems. Odds are that if she’s kept it for so long, she’d be honored to have you use it in your wedding, even if you aren’t wearing it.
- And for a keepsake garter, use a piece of lace from your mom’s gown.
- Snap a photo where you each hold up a photo from your parents’ wedding
- Give your parents and new in-laws custom embroidered handkerchiefs.
- Embroider your wedding date into the hem of your dress using blue thread — the perfect “something blue.”
- Another fun way to use your monogram — embroider it on your veil!
- Before you get dressed, your photographer will likely want to get a few shots of your dress on a hanger. Make sure your hanger is wedding-worthy!
- Don’t forget about your getting-ready clothes, too. We love this monogrammed button-down, complete with the wedding date on the cuff.
- Write a hidden message to your groom on your shoe. Or, ask your bridesmaids to each write a good luck message to you before you walk down the aisle.
Honoring Lost Loved Ones
- If your father passed away before the wedding, attach a photo of him to your shoes so that he can still walk you down the aisle.
- Attach photo charms of your ancestors to your bouquet.
- Gather photos of your guests who can’t be with you on your wedding day, and display them inside mason jars for a unique twist on a photo table.
Just the Two of You
- Exchange love letters in a location where your photographer can capture both of your reactions together, but you won’t see each other.
- Spend some time in the weeks leading up to your wedding writing a series of notes for your spouse-to-be, to be opened at particular times (like on your first anniversary, after your first fight, or when your first child is born). It’s a wonderful way to memorialize how you’re feeling at a time when you can’t imagine being more in love with someone.
- Re-create your first photo together!
- Scent is one of the most powerful memory triggers. Choose new fragrances just for your wedding day, and when you wear that perfume or cologne afterward, you’ll immediately be transported back.
Including Your Guests
- Make your escort card display more personal by including photos of all the married couples attending your wedding.
- Honor your guests who traveled from far away to be with you on your wedding day with this fun sign.
- Have a loved one who can’t make it to your wedding? Show that you’re still thinking of her on your big day by texting a photo with a personalized sign. She’ll be so touched that you took the time to give her a special shout-out!
- Pay tribute to the longest-married couple at your wedding with a special dance — play their first dance song with a dedication to the lovebirds.